Between work, family, and the rest of your fast-paced modern life you don’t have time to manage the technology in your home. Computers, iPhones, Blu-ray players, handsfree systems, printers, WiFi networks, ISP accounts… it gets overwhelming far too quickly. And then when you fall behind disaster strikes and everything breaks down.
Instead of leaving your technology to the fates, do what many small businesses do and outsource your technology management needs. For a simple hourly rate, I’ll visit your home and keep your entertainment and communications systems in tip-top shape.
Typical concierge tasks:
- software updates: device operating systems, apps, MS Office, Java, Flash Player, printer and router firmware, etc.
- network documentation
- password management
- checkup of home network, advice on taking care of WiFi dead spots
- checkup of data backup systems
- monitoring of ISP and cellular accounts to make sure you’re getting the best plan for your needs
- advice on software and hardware upgrades
- installing memory and SSD upgrades
- consulting on new technology purchases
- connecting phones and music players to your car stereo system
- working with electricians and contractors to make sure upgrades and renovations allow for your technology needs
- training for you and other family members
- research on new household technology
- detailed overview of tasks completed
What don’t I support?
While my specialty is Mac and iOS and I’m quite comfortable with networks and home entertainment systems, there are a few things that I do not work with because they are not my strengths:
- fixing problems with Windows computers, Microsoft Office, Office 365, Exchange
- other mobile systems such as Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile
- anything that requires drilling or cutting, but I am happy to consult with your electrician or contractors to complete your projects
Scheduling is easiest using my online booking system, since it is linked directly to my calendar. This helps avoid voicemail and email tag. Just select a time from my calendar, and I’ll see you then. It is a rare exception that I might ask for a different time.
I accept all major credit cards, Apple Pay, check, and I can accept cash though I rarely carry change.